COVID-19 Information for our Customers
The health and safety of our customers and team are a top priority here at the Glenside Hotel. We are working in line with the regular advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO), Irish Hotel Federation (IHF) and Health Service Executive (HSE) to help mitigate the potential risks posed to public health and our business by Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The hotel is currently open offering accommodation only to essential travellers. We will reopen Henrys Restaurant on Friday 3rd July. Our accommodation will be open for leisure travellers from 20th July. You can check availability and book online now.
A system of extra investment in hygiene, sanitation, and other strong measures are under way to ensure that our hotel is taking all possible precautions to keep our team and customers safe.
Protecting you during your stay:
As always, we take great care in maintaining the highest standardsof cleanliness and hygiene throughout the hotel, restaurant, bars and function room.
We have supplemented these normal procedures with additional COVID-19 cleanliness-specific guidance, tarining and information to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our team is receiving ongoing briefing and enhanced operating/cleaning protocols.
- We have partnered with Chemex Ireland who are guiding us in which are the best products and procedures to use in each area to ensure maximum santisation.
- We have a dedicated COVID-19 staff member, Joanna who manages and implements all of our new procedures including temperature checks of all employees upon arrival for their shift.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of our public areas to include door handles, public toilets, front desk, bar and table tops, chair rails, shared keyboards and telephones, credit card machines and back of house areas.
- We will no longer provide a room service during your stay. Instead we can provide extra items on your request.
- We have removed some items from our guestrooms - extra hangers, extra pillows and blankets, hairdryer, tea/coffee making facilities and guest information. Instead these items will be available upon individual request.
- Our accommodation staff will service your room after departure with the required PPE.
- All bedrooms are cleaned and santised after each departure with extra cleaning procedures in place for remote controls, televisions, curtains and all high touch areas.
We are implementing new procedures and work practices for our food and beverages operations when they reopen in June, July and August. Social distancing will be adhered to at all times with 2 metre spacing between all tables and all customers waiting for tables.
We, as food service professionals, have excellent standards of personal and food hygiene and are used to maintaining the highest possible standards. It comes as second nature to us, but we need to be extra vigilant during this time. We are taking the advice of our public health professionals and will implement their advice, as appropriate.
We have already implemented various measures, some precautionary, as follows:
• Sanitisers – We encourage customers and our team to use hand sanitisers whenever possible
• We have removed all carvery desserts from our display fridge, and they will now be served directly to your table.
• Drinking glasses are no longer beside the water station. Our staff members will distribute glasses from the till area.
• We have removed all pastries and fresh fruit salad from the breakfast table. These can be ordered with your server.
• All tables are wiped and cleaned with a sanitising spray following each customer visit (this is not a new procedure)
• We have reinforced the importance of standard hygienic practices with our team
We kindly ask that any customers with concerns regarding their own wellbeing not to visit the Glenside Hotel during this time. It is a social responsibility for everyone to play a part in the protection of all. Please refrain from shaking hands, follow the advice on handwashing and cough/sneeze into a tissue or your arm.
We are very much open for business as normal so keep enjoying life by socialising in our hotel.
Your continued support and understanding are greatly appreciated.
Karen & Aogán Dunne
For further information on the Coronavirus Symptoms and Testing please visit the HSE website: